The episode continues by reviewing Jewish practices of endogamy (marrying within one’s culture), wrestles with challenging or even harmful aspects of LDS approaches to marriage and children, and concludes with a discussion of healthy approaches to relationships.
One Time Donation:
Additional Reading: None
Adam and Cami continue the discussion.
Lesson Part 2: Scholarship
0:00 Review of Format and Resources
4:15 Bible Commentary Notes
8:25 Marrying Within the Culture
12:50 Historical Endogamy
13:45 Critical Reading
19:24 Pres. Kimball Quote
31:28 Temple Marriage and Sealing Policies
Discussion Part 2
Discussion Part 3
35:45 What Difference does a Temple Marriage Make?
51:13 Temple Sealing
58:10 Concluding Thoughts
- Marvin J. Ashton, What Is Your Destination?
- Marion D. Hanks, Eternal Marriage
- Elder Nelson, Children in the Covenant
- Principles of a Happy Marriage
- Relationship advice from the Gottman Institute
- Blog post by Jana Riess on why Mormons marry within their faith
- Robert Kirby on temple marriage and families
- SL Tribune article on possible changes to sealing policies
- RadioWest, How Children Succeed
- Carlfred Broderick, The Uses of Adversity
Thanks to James Estrada for quick and skillful postproduction, and as always to Steven Nelson for the beautiful bumper music.